Thursday, November 17, 2011

Gatorade research

For my Nutrition class it just so happened that I studied the benefits of sports drinks and if they are worth the cost. We were give Gatorade as an example. From my readings I gather that water is the best source to replenish lost fluids during exercise if you are not exercising longer than 3 hours. For long lasting endurance sports or exercise, sports drinks would be more beneficial. During physical activity electrolytes are lost and people think to drink sports drinks to replenish them. Well you can drink water during and after activity but make certain you eat a balanced diet to put back the electrolytes that were lost.

So I will have to revamp the idea of creating a sports drink but rather an enhanced water like the Propel Zero that I tested out yesterday. Not only do I want a healthy drink but yet beneficial too! Editing in force so stay tuned. Signing out.

No comments:

Post a Comment