Tuesday, November 29, 2011

#getmoving

Saturday I worked out in an intense cycling class. Afterwards I did some ab workouts: crunches and ab scissors. I just so happen to see a billboard that captured my attention: Active Fitness. It reiterated the important factor of water being the best choice for hydration after physical activity; which is very key on my journey of getting my enhanced water manufactured and sold in grocery stores near you! If your on twitter participate in the #getmoving movement! All the nutrition and fitness ties into the building of my brand. Try to understand the big picture.






Some pointers from the billboard:

Drink adequate fluids before and after exercise; water is the best choice!
Eat breakfast- break your fast, with good options such as whole grain cereals or bread, low fat or non-fat milk, juice, bananas or other fresh fruits.

Eat at least 3-4 hours before exercise to fuel your body with energy to undergo activity
Within 2 hours of exercise eat carbs and protein to restore glycogen stores and help muscles recover.

Surprised that the billboard mentioned that "milk is taking on commercial sports drinks as an alternative recovery beverage". Milk offers electrolytes and minerals lost during exercise through sweat and lactose (carb).

This brings me to a good point- what if you are a person who does not like to eat a meal after exercise. Well ah ha! I plan to come up with liquid meals. Eat your meal while on the go and you don't have to plan a meal. Simple!

No comments:

Post a Comment