Tuesday, November 15, 2011

Ingredient research

Gatorade does not use Fruit juice. What is fruit juice and what is the effect on a sports drink? Is honey or agave nectar a good sugar substitute? How useful would it be to include ginger or aloe in the sports drink? Sobe Life Water uses extracts of ginger and dandelion. I have noticed that high fructose corn syrup is not used in Gatorade but sucrose and flavoring/ coloring is used. But Powerade uses high fructose corn syrup and splenda. So im getting an idea of what I will include in my sports drink.

Today I did a cardio workout and actually tried Gatorade G2 low calorie Blueberry Pomegranate for rehydration. This may be bias but I wasnt impressed with the low calorie Gatorade! Was it the decreased grams of sugar in comparison to a regular Gatorade. The search continues for answers! Did it a actually hydrate me?

No comments:

Post a Comment